If you would like to be considered as a Buyer participant for Atlantic Canada Showcase, please first take a moment and review the Buyer Criteria below. Please note there are a limited number of seats available and all applications may not be accepted.
A Buyer is a business or entity that sells groups, F.I.T. or specialty travel and has an interest in or currently sells Atlantic Canada as a destination. Atlantic Canada Showcase (ACS) is an opportunity to experience tourism products and services from all four Atlantic Provinces.
Buyers attending Atlantic Canada Showcase will have an interest in Atlantic Canada: to expand an existing tour to include additional provinces, and/or to update existing tours to include new Atlantic Canada products.
- All buyers must qualify for attendance; qualification is determined by the information provided during the registration process.
- All buyers must comply with the regulations which apply to them in the region where they are domiciled.
- New buyers must participate in a brief onsite orientation session.
- All buyers agree to complete a periodic, confidential survey regarding their product purchases attributed to participation at ACS Marketplace.
- All buyers must agree to adhere to the rules and regulations of ACS.
- Online Travel Agency buyers must be in business for 3 years specializing in online reservations for tourism products before being considered.
- Second delegates: More than one representative per buyer organization may be allowed to attend ACS provided the second representative is a qualified buyer and an explanation is provided for review and approval by ACS. Where two delegates are accepted, each buyer delegate from that organization will be required to take their own set of appointments.
- Priority will be given to buyers from Atlantic Canada’s primary markets; North America, United Kingdom, Germany and Canadian receptive operators servicing China. Buyers from secondary markets may still apply and will be considered on a case by case basis taking into consideration the buyer’s compliance with other criterion and space.
The schedule includes three days of meetings, networking events and sessions. ACS will also include Atlantic Canada Night, an evening that will provide you with one lasting impression of all four Atlantic Provinces. New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island await you on Atlantic Canada’s beautiful coast.
The Buyer registration fee is $500 CDN plus HST (currently 15%) and includes business sessions, accommodations, transportation, all ACS hosted meals, functions, activity tours and pre/post FAM tours.
Buyers are responsible for booking flights to and from Atlantic Canada Showcase and fam tours (if applicable) and should only do so once their registration has been confirmed and their preliminary flight itinerary has been reviewed by the ACS Show Manager to confirm routing & schedule.
Please note that airfare is included to a maximum of $800 CDN and buyers participating in pre or post FAMS must ensure they book their itinerary to accommodate the FAM(s). Airfare will be reimbursed to a maximum of $1500 CDN for buyers participating in FAM(s). All travel itineraries must be pre-approved by ACS prior to booking in order to receive airfare reimbursement and to confirm routing. Please email a copy of your itinerary to email@example.com for pre-approval indicating if reimbursement should be made payable to you or your company.
Buyers are reminded to ensure their passports are up-to-date and their airline ticket matches the name on their passport.
Most travellers need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to, or transit through, a Canadian airport. Who needs an eTA to travel to Canada?
Reimbursement for airfare will be paid onsite on the final day of ACS after confirmation of full participation.
Refunds will be issued minus a $100 administrative fee per delegate until TBD. After that date, no refunds will be issued.
Are you interested in attending Atlantic Canada Showcase?
Join our Newsletter! Click Here!